We are currently hiring!
SUMMER CAMP COOKS
Summer cooks must hold IL Food Handler's License or Full IL Food and Sanitation License and be able to assist in cooking for up to 100 people. Summer hours available for the afternoon/evening shifts.
Lifeguards must be currently certified or obtaining Lifeguard certification before the summer starts. Lifeguards are needed for our 3ft pool, and waterfront area during fishing and boat rides. Hours vary but generally Monday-Thursday 8:45am-4:00pm and Tuesday nights 6:00-8:00pm. During the summer, additional hours can be obtained by working as a Sub Counselor.
NIGHT SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS
Counselors provide direct care for our campers of all ages. Camp runs from June 4th-July 28th, 2017 with mandatory staff training June 1st. Day Counselors hours are 8:45am-5pm. Monday-Friday. Night Counselors hours are 4:45pm-9am, Sunday-Friday and responsibilities include:
- Assist in leading individuals within a small group in daily aspects in camp life and various programming activities
- Assist with programs and activities as assigned
- Enthusiastically participate in camp activities
- Follow direction of manager
- Work effectively as a team member
- Follow safety and health regulations
- Continuously monitor campers under your supervision, and take responsibility for assisting with their comfort and ensuring their safety
- Properly and adequately supervise campers assigned to you
- Know each camper and the supports they need by reviewing their camp application and caregiver’s instructions. This includes eating, toileting schedule, bathing, etc.
- Care or assist in care for the needs of the camper including toileting, changing, bathing, and feeding.
- Sleep in cabins with campers and assist in any overnight needs of the campers. (Night Counselors Only)
- Encourage camper participation in camp activities
- Follow all camp policies and procedures
- Ability to assist with the primary responsibility of a group of campers as a living unit.
- Maturity and adaptability in all situations.
- Ability to work under supervision of acting Manager in cooperative efficient manner.
- The following experience is helpful: Working with people who have special needs/developmental disabilities, camping, recreation.
- Trained or willing to train in CPR/ First Aid Certification.