Camp New Hope's Summer Camp Program is an overnight week-long summer camp experience. Camp weeks are offered throughout June and July (with one week of day camp the week of July 4), each with a special theme, special guest performances, and custom-themed activities and foods.
Camp is filled with arts and crafts, music, and recreational activities, all adapted to individual campers' needs. Swimming, boating, sports and tournaments, fishing, and nature education fill camp days. Evenings conclude with group activities such as games, sing-alongs, and stories and camp weeks culminate with an award ceremony for campers, parents, and families.
Camp New Hope's Summer Camp lets special needs campers experience everyday activities such as slumber parties, camping, boating, and fishing, just like their non-disabled peers. Camp New Hope adapts activities to each camper instead of the individual adapting to the activity. Summer Camp Staff to Camper ratio is daytime: 3 staff to 10 campers, nighttime: 2 staff to 7 campers.
Camp New Hope is now accepting summer campers aged 8 and up.
The following links are for the Complete Summer Camp Packets.
-Local refers to the following counties: Coles, Cumberland, Douglas, Shelby. -Non-Local is defined as outside of the 4 county areas listed above.
-Individual refers to camper's reside at home with family or on own.
-Group refers to camper's who reside in a CILA, or group home.
The links below are for the individual form, without the full packet:
- Letter to Parents- Changes for 2017
- Cover Letter/ Themes
- How to Register for Camp
- Camper Code of Conduct
- Medication Procedure
- Local Camp Registration Form
- Non-Local Camp Registration Form
- Annual Information Form
- Health History Form
- Financial Assistance Form
Camp Fee Cancellation and Refund Policy
If a cancellation occurs 60 days prior to the beginning of the camper week, payments will be refunded, MINUS the deposit. After this time, no refund will be given except as listed below:
- If cancellation occurs for a physician-documented medical reason all fees, MINUS the deposit will be refunded. Or camper can choose a later week to attend camp if space is available.
- If during a session it is advised to send a camper home for medical reasons, the remaining portion of the session will be refunded.
- No refunds will be made for late arrivals or early departures.
- In case of homesickness, dismissal, or voluntary withdrawal there is NO refund of any fees.