If you enjoy serving others and making a difference in your community, please consider applying!
Come Camp With Us!
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR- APPLICATION DEADLINE 8/15/22
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer of Camp New Hope, Inc. and, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the administration of programs and policies through the planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and management of its resources to accomplish the organization’s mission and vision- providing safe, caring and premier camping, recreational and social activities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the Executive Director, and she/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with board established direction and policies. In turn, the Executive Director serves as a consultant to the Board providing direction and support in carrying out its governance functions.
- Educate himself/herself on the history of Camp New Hope.
- Assist and support the Board in determining Camp New Hope’s values, mission, vision and short- and long-term goals; provide the Board information and data necessary for evaluation and planning to determine its relevance to its community (geographic and consumer), its effectiveness, and its results; and keep the Board fully informed of important factors that influence its operations through participation in Board and Board committee meetings and written monthly reports.
- Assure compliance with rules, regulations and laws governing programs, finances including those specific to nonprofits and the IRS, funding, personnel, public health, etc.; assure filing of all legal and regulatory documents.
- Assure a smoothly functioning, efficient organization; assure program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation of programs and services; promote programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective, economic manner while maintaining acceptable levels of quality.
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, regular financial reporting and annual audit; work with the Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals, including but not limited to establishment of appropriate service fees and rental income; responsible for implementation of a Board approved operating budget covering all activities of the organization.
- In cooperation with the Board of Directors, ensure that a strategic plan is in place and that action is taken on the plan each month.
- Work with Board President and Committee Chairs to fulfill governance functions and facilitate optimum performance; provide leadership in organization and scheduling of Board and Board committee meetings; assist in preparation of meeting agendas, minutes, and timely distribution of appropriate materials; serve as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors and Board committees; provide a monthly written report to the Board.
- Recruit and develop a quality leadership team to manage the critical functions of the organization and work hand in hand with all subordinate staff; recommend staffing and financing to the Board; assist in hiring and training summer staff with the Program Director; develop staff through direction, coaching, training, support and delegation; determine accountabilities for management personnel; reprimand staff when needed and conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Serve as chief spokesperson for the organization; promote and attend Chamber events; facilitate relationships with volunteers, donors, civic and philanthropic organizations; promote and seek endowments/memorials; help in maintaining current and up-to-date social media; assist marketing subcontractor when needed; distribute marketing materials throughout the community; presentations to civic and philanthropic and volunteer organizations.
- Promote and maintain a schedule of Rental use of the Camp New Hope Grounds and prepare for those scheduled rentals with the help of staff and Board members if needed.
- Set annual fundraising goals and strategies that are specifically in-line with the strategic plan and respectful of a one-ask policy, maintain annual fundraising timeline.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to launch and promote annual fundraising campaigns- specifically Smile Campaign and Winter Appeal.
- Attend and assist with all internal and external fundraisers- may include budget management, list management, volunteer recruitment and coordination, etc.
- Research grants that can be applied for to benefit the mission and vision of Camp New Hope; apply for said grants in a timely manner.
- Actively seek corporate marketing and fundraising opportunities, and sponsors for all buildings.
- Maintain and promote the “Wish List” of supplies/materials for Camp New Hope.
- Be prepared to fill in for other staff positions when those staff members are unable to attend an event or function.
- Attend all events/functions (i.e., fundraising events, holiday parties, volunteer events) that are held in the name of Camp New Hope; if unable to attend make sure another staff member or Board member can attend in your place.
- Every staff member should be able to cover/fill in for another employee if needed so some cross-training must occur.
- Responsible for coordinating volunteers to assist with Camp activities and upkeep of Camp grounds when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the President of the Board of Directors.
Minimum requirements include a passion for Camp New Hope’s mission and vision, and a Bachelors’ degree from a college or university, with a preference for a degree in special education, recreation, human services, business or a related field; five years related administrative or supervisory experience preferred; excellent writing and verbal skills; and valid driver’s license. Experience with nonprofit organizations and governing Boards are helpful but not required. In addition, the Executive Director must demonstrate critical competencies in four broad areas: commitment to results, fiscal responsibility, leading change and motivating team members. Experience with nonprofit organizations and fundraising is helpful but not required.
Valid CPR/First Aid certification is required as a condition of employment within 90 days of hire date.
FULL-TIME MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR- APPLICATION DEADLINE 8/1/22