SUMMER IS BETTER AT CAMP!
WE ARE CURRENTLY PLANNING A MODIFIED SUMMER CAMP FOR 2021! PLEASE FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.
Camp New Hope's Summer Camp Program is an overnight week-long summer camp experience. Camp is available for people age eight and older. Traditionally, Camp weeks are offered throughout June and July. Each week has a special theme, guest performances, and custom-themed activities and foods.
Camp is filled with arts and crafts, music, and recreational activities, all adapted to individual campers' needs. Swimming, boating, sports and tournaments, fishing, and nature education fill camp days. Evenings conclude with group activities such as games, sing-a-longs, and stories. Each week of Camp ends with an award ceremony for campers, families, and caregivers.
Camp New Hope's Summer Camp lets special needs campers experience everyday activities just like their non-disabled peers. We adapt activities to each camper instead of the individual adapting to the activity.
Staff to Camper Ratio: Camp New Hope is unable to provide 1:1 camper assistance. The Staff to Camper ratios are:
- Respite – 2 staff: 7 campers
- Summer Daytime – 3 staff: 10 campers
- Summer Nighttime – 2 staff: 7 campers.
Camp Fee Cancellation and Refund Policy
If a cancellation occurs 60 days prior to the beginning of the camper week, payments will be refunded, MINUS the deposit. After this time, no refund will be given except as listed below:
- If cancellation occurs for a physician-documented medical reason all fees, minus the deposit will be refunded. Or camper can choose a later week to attend camp if space is available.
- If during a session it is advised to send a camper home for medical reasons, the remaining portion of the session will be refunded.
- No refunds will be made for late arrivals or early departures.
- In case of homesickness, dismissal, or voluntary withdrawal there is NO refund of any fees.